How we make a difference
We are here to help and we are only a phone call away - 01332 365676
PWSA UK is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (Registered Charity No. 1155846) and the only charity in the UK working with those living with PWS, their families and carers, together with the myriad of professionals from health and social care, residential and education, helping everyone to manage this complex syndrome and so maximise life chances.
- A telephone, email and Facebook helpline for those in crisis or needing help, information, advice and support - or perhaps just someone who understand.
- An information hub, providing everything you need to know about PWS in an accessible, engaging and relevant form, day workshops and a biannual National Conference.
- The Familynet project, which provides a programme of regional family activities throughout the UK, offering peer support, opportunities to socialise within safe environments and enabling people with PWS to form life-long friendships with peers.
- Training courses for professionals working with people with PWS to equip them with the skills to care for them appropriately, AIM accredited awards for carers from supported living and residential care, workshops and conferences.
- Funding for and opportunities for people to take part in research to bring about an end to Prader-Willi Syndrome.
"We would not have known, at times, which way to turn without your help"