We run the Level 2 AIM Award course for professionals in health, social and residential care who are caring for older teenagers and adults with PWS. The AIM Award is the only nationally recognised qualification in PWS and is externally moderated. The course is delivered by PWSA UK staff members, Jackie Waters and Maggie Rowley, both of whom are qualified trainers. It consists of a face to face learning day in Derby, followed by distance learning tasks based on a case study, with personal tuition and guidance during the course.
Learning outcomes are as follows:
• The main defining characteristics of PWS
• The health implications for individuals with PWS
• The need for ongoing support for weight management in PWS
• Behavioural characteristics
• Communication difficulties associated with PWS
• Emotional development of people with PWS
• Special risk factors associated with PWS
• The ethical implications of supporting an individual with PWS
For further details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01332 365676 to speak to Jackie Waters.